Iowa pointing labs is a top notch kennel with above and beyond dogs. I have a pup from the Georgias hollystone hope/duckwing brit litter. He is now 4mnths and is on triple blind water retrieves and will honor retrieves with other dogs. I have trained him myself using positive reenforcement methods. Insanely smart and shocks me everyday with his progress. His bloodline/genetics are starting to shine. IF YOUR A SERIOUS DIEHARD HUNTER LOOKING FOR A DOG TO MATCH, IPL IS THE PLACE TO GET YOUR NEXT COMPANION.
1. Companionship — with a strong desire to please for the children and families.
2. Strong desire to hunt — such as quartering systematically and aggressively hunting a field, with the ability to turn it off at home.
3. Boldness — the desire is so great he demonstrates a large amount of boldness, such as hitting the water hard.
4. Trainability and intelligence — they will be quick to learn and love to work while training and hunting birds.
5. Marking — they will demonstrate a good focus
6. Natural pointing — holding point as soon as the location of the bird is found, with strong scenting ability. British Labradors will not have this trait.